Do you also think that oily and acne skin do not need to be moisturized? If so, you do not even realize what error you are in. Check how to take care of the skin problem and what oils to use for its benefits.
Moisturising oily and acne skin
By moisturizing acne and oily skin, you ensure the proper functioning of its protective hydro-lipid coat. It should be composed of ceramides, unsaturated fatty acids and moisturizing ingredients. If you use soaps and SLS, if you smoke cigarettes, expose your skin to wind, frost, sun and air conditioning, this natural barrier may be damaged. Effect? The skin will become rough, irritated, start to flake or shine excessively.
Oils in skin care
Why are oils so important in the care of acne and oily skin? Well, they have a significant impact on its condition, and besides, they:
- regulate the work of sebaceous glands;
- relieve inflammation;
- reduce the amount of bacteria present on the skin;
- reduce the frequency of blackhead formation;
- protect from harmful external factors;
- moisturize and soften the skin;
- provide essential nutrients.
Oily and acne skin care with oils
The concepts of oils and essential oils are often used interchangeably. Meanwhile, they are various products that have different properties.
- Oils are liquid fats containing a large amount of unsaturated fatty acids. These, in turn, are very important in skin care because they regenerate the skin’s natural hydro-lipid barrier. Oils form a protective layer on the skin and contain beneficial lipids. Not all oils are of vegetable origin. Most of them are obtained from seeds, but mineral oil and petrolatum are obtained by distillation of crude oil. Unfortunately, they do not have a positive effect on the skin.
- Essential oils are substances produced and stored by plants. They are not permanent, so keep them in tightly closed glass containers of a dark colour and away from light sources. They dissolve in oils, but they do not dissolve in water. It is not allowed to apply the essential oil onto the face, because it can cause irritation. It should be diluted with oil and then massaged into the complexion.
Oils and essential oils for the care of oily and acne skin
In the care of oily and acne skin, it is best to use the following oils: cedar, tea tree, lavender and chamomile. Oils that will take care of your acne and oily face skin are: jojoba, tamanu, black cumin and blackberry seeds. On the cosmetics market, there are also hydrophilic face wash oils. Just apply them to the face to remove makeup and impurities, and then rinse with lukewarm water.